Exeter Leukaemia Fund (Elf) is a registered charity providing vital support to patients with blood cancer and other disorders who attend the Haematology Centre at the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital (RD&E). We:
- Helped fund the building of the Haematology Centre
- Funded the building of a critical care unit at the RD&E's Yarty ward, the Chevithorne family suite
- Provide the Elf flat for Haematology outpatients and families visiting patients staying on Yarty ward
- Fund NHS nurses and support roles
- Provide a range of support services for patients and their families at the RD&E and in their own homes.
Elf receives no public or statutory funding. All our services depend on the generosity of the public and our own fundraising and retail activities.
Elf at the RD&EElf hospital support services: transport, accommodation, counselling, Filling Time kiosk and CAB…
Patient supportElf patient support services: funding for nursing and therapy staff, and an Elf counselling service
Elf in the communityElf@Home trains local volunteers to support patients and their families in their own homes, ideally…