Pushing yourself to complete a physical challenge whilst raising money for a good cause is a winning combination. There are a huge number of organised events which occur across Devon throughout the year that you can register for in aid of ELF. Running, trekking, cycling, swimming or triathlon; pick a challenge that you've always wanted to complete and guaranteed there will be an event happening in the area that you can register for.
Whether you are a seasoned runner or a complete beginner, pick a distance that challenges you and you'll be amazed at how many people want to support you by sponsoring your efforts. It could be your first Couch to 5k, a 10k run in Exmouth, a triathlon in Torbay or even a half or full marathon in Exeter. Running races are held across the county throughout the year so there is always plenty to choose from.
Do you want to go even bigger? In recent years, our supporters have braved skydiving at 15,000 feet, cycled from Lands End to John O'Groats and across America, completed 100km treks at registered Ultra Challenge events and even sheared over 300 sheep in an endurance event! Whatever it is, pick a challenge that you've always wanted to complete and do it in support of blood cancer and haematology patients in Devon.
Some of the upcoming events taking place in 2023-24 that you can register for in aid of ELF include:
- Skydive - near Honiton - various dates. Local company Skydive Buzz offer a 'Jump for Free' scheme for charity jumpers. Simply raise a minimum of £395 in sponsorship, and ELF will cover the cost of the jump for you. To book a place, search for Exeter Leukaemia Fund under the list of charities at: www.skydiveukltd.com/charities. Alternatively, register for our next ELF group jump on Saturday 1st June 2024 - we'd love to have you as part of the team!! ELF Group Skydive
- Halloween 5 or 10 mile run - 29th October 2023. Starting at the Piazza Terracina down by the Exeter Canal Basin, this fun, flat, and fast five-mile route will take runners round the scenic route of the Exe Valley River Park. Spooky fancy dress optional! Free places available for ELF runners: Halloween Run
- Exeter Santa Run - 3rd December 2023. Whether you’re a seasoned Santa Run participant or a first-time runner, this event promises an unforgettable experience. With two distances available, a 2.5k family run and a 5k run, it’s an excellent opportunity for families to come together, celebrate the festive season and raise money for ELF. Free places available for ELF runners: Santa Run
- Exeter Half Marathon - 10th & 11th February 2024. This two lap 13.1 mile course takes in the scenic route along Exeter’s historic Quayside and around the Riverside Valley Park. The Saturday event usually attracts club runners or those who have an estimated completion time of 2hrs or less. Sundays event is open to all with an extended maximum completion time of 3 hrs. Free places available for ELF runners: Half Marathon
- The Granite Way - 10th March 2024. The Granite Way 10 & 20 miles running event takes runners along the Granite Way footpaths and cycleways outside Okehampton, with fantastic views of Dartmoor and the surrounding countryside. Free places available for ELF runners: Granite Way
- Exeter Marathon & 5 mile event - 12th May 2024. This course is ideal for those tackling their first marathon as well as seasoned runners looking for a fast time. The event runs along a great, traffic-free, flat route along the footpath and cycle track of the River Exe and Exeter Canal. Free places available for ELF runners: Exeter Marathon
- Exeter 10K River Run - 6pm Friday 28th June 2024. Open to runners of all abilities, this is the perfect follow on challenge if you have completed a couch to 5 km, or for those who are looking for a new distance but not quite ready for a half marathon. Free places available for ELF runners: River Run
To register for a challenge event in aid of ELF, please contact Andy at email@example.com or 01392 493344 (option 3).