Elf aims to lighten the load, supporting families affected by blood cancers and disorders across the South West.
Over the years, we have listened to people with blood cancer and their loved ones and expanded our services to meet their needs. We currently provide:
- Transport for patients to and from the hospital
- Accommodation for families near the hospital in a self-contained flat
- Confidential counselling and a CAB advice service for patients and their families
- Clinical nurse specialists and generic therapists
- Research projects.
We helped build the Haematology Centre at the RD&E, while our Chevithorne Appeal funded the hospital's critical care family suite. But we want to achieve so much more. Your support will help us provide:
- Patient support: counselling, complementary therapy, and art and craft
- The Elf Physical Wellbeing Programme: physical exercise, physiotherapy and exercise equipment
- Specialist equipment and improved environment: state-of-the-art equipment, reduced waiting times and home treatment
- Specialist research funding: haematological research, and nursing and junior doctor training.
Elf and the Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB)
Elf offers one-to-one confidential advice and fast-track support for patients and their families In partnership with the CAB. This includes information and advice on the services you may be entitled to and issues such as work, money, housing, tax and healthcare. You can access this service either at the RD&E or at home with a CAB support worker.
Contact the Elf Office in person at the RD&E's Haematology Centre, email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01392 493344 to make an appointment.
Elf at the RD&EElf hospital support services: transport, accommodation, counselling, Filling Time kiosk and CAB…
Patient supportElf patient support services: funding for nursing and therapy staff, and an Elf counselling service
Elf in the communityElf community support services: Elf@Home and Help@Home